Saturday, October 15, 2011

"I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying. " -Michael Jordan

I don’t know if I’m going to be good at blogging. I’m going to try though J   Hi, my name is Rebecca and I write poems. (<___wow that was lame!) Not very original either. The truth is that I’m not very creative. I think I’m creative but truth be told, I’m not. And I apologize if you find this blog totally boring. If you want to read a different blog then I highly suggest these two:


Both are so amazing! The 2nd blog is actually what inspired me to write a blog. I started out using http://www.webs.com  and then I realized that http://www.blogger.com  would be easier for blogging, since you know, it’s made specifically for blogging. I’m not going to stop posting on the other website though. I will still upload some quotes and videos on it and maybe have some small blog entries but this website, this website is the dominant one. Haha, if that even makes sense. So would you like to know a little bit about me? Okay well I love writing poems, okay more, I’m obsessed with writing poems. They have become a big part in my life. I never really thought much about writing poems until this past summer. I have always written poems but never as much as I do now. Back then, I wrote poems just because I could and I must admit that they sucked. Here is a poem that I wrote about a year ago as an example that my poetry sucked.

Back Together
I'm so sorry
For hurting you
And deserting you
I left you standing alone
I feel so bad
To think you were sad
But you've forgiven me
All's well
You and I tell
We're back together!
"Shall we walk!" It's such nice weather
We're walking and you stop
You get down on one knee
"Will you marry me...?"
I nodded and I kissed you
You led me to the house
A month later, you were my sprouse
The point is you forgave me
You didn't have too
this poem is for you, Thank you!

Like what the heck possessed me and made me write that AWFUL poem. *sigh* I’m so glad my poems now aren’t as bad as that one. I even spelled ‘spouse’ wrong. I can’t stop laughing, that poem is so pathetic. Okay I’m going to share with you a poem that I’ve recently wrote to show that I have gotten better at writing poems. I’m still no Edgar Allen Poe or Emily Dickinson. But that’s okay because all I want to be is me. And you should feel that way too. Here is a poem titled, The Past.

The Past
I have done what you told me to do
I have risked my life for yours
I said the lies you told me to say
And I have paid the consequences for saying them

I did things I wouldn’t have normally done
Only to make you satisfied with me
I have emotionally scarred others for you
To make you and only you happy

I then sat down and waited
For you to praise me and tell me that what I did was good
That what I did was loyal to you
And I waited and waited and you never said anything

I now know that what I did,
I shouldn’t have done for I knew they were wrong
I now know that it didn’t help you
That what I did was for nothing and now I am free

I am free from you
So now I will do what I want to do
The right thing and nothing else
 Even though I still have to live my life
Knowing that in my past, I have done wrong



It certainly isn’t the best but it isn’t bad either, is it? Sorry I worry a lot, that’s one thing you should know about me. One of the lines reminded me of what a death eater would say to Lord Voldemort (from Harry Potter…sorry you probably know who he is.).


 I then sat down and waited
For you to praise me and tell me that what I did was good
That what I did was loyal to you
And I waited and waited and you never said anything

I didn’t write it with a death eater or even Lord Voldemort in mind, it just reminded me of something a death eater would say when I read it over. Do you write poems? If so, I would LOVE to read them! Hey, maybe I’ll even include it in my blog. Of course, I’ll let everyone know you wrote it. I’m not that mean :P

Nowadays, I write poems to express how I feel. It’s almost like a diary, except I’m not so blunt. They usually have multiple meanings.  One thing is for sure; my poems wouldn’t be half as good as they are now without God. Don’t you worry; I’m not one to rub my religion in other people’s faces. You can breathe now. ;)

I’m sorry but this blog entry is coming to an end. I promise they will get better. I just wanted to write this one as….eh, an introduction. I hope you follow my blog and comments are appreciated!

    Au revoir, (no I’m not French but I got a Beret (type of hat, look in up) today and my dad said I looked French 0_o )

        -Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment